IR Sensors for non-metal surfaces: 8-14 µm
IR sensors for glass surfaces: 5.0 µm
IR sensors for metal: 0.5 – 2.3 µm
Process Parameters is the official UK distributor for Optris, the leading German manufacturer of Non-Contact Infrared Temperature Sensors.
There are many applications where Non-Contact Infrared Temperature Sensors have advantages over contact probes such as thermocouples. Some of these advantages are:
- Excellent choice for surface temperature measurement over contact probes such as in applications where the measurement of thin film plastics, paper or high temperature glass or metals is almost impossible using traditional means.
- Very fast response time ideal for use in applications with high speed temperature changes or where objects are moving quickly such as in induction heating systems, welding applications or packaging lines.
- The ability to measure product temperature in applications where traditionally only air temperature has been measured. Save energy by gaining greater control of product temperature and ensure quality standards are met.
- By measuring remotely, the sensor does not influence the measurement as is possible with contact methods such as in thin materials or moving items such as rotating drums.
- Very wide temperature measurement range from -50°C to over 2200°C.
- Remote measuring allows the measurements to be taken from a safe distance ensuring long sensor life.
Contact us for a detailed quotation today with your temperature sensor details. Tel: 01628 778688 / E-mail: email@example.com
- Low cost, highly reliable German made sensors suitable for most processes and OEM applications.
- High ambient sensing head temperature without additional cooling as standard – up to 250°C.
- Different models designed for specific applications such as plastic films, glass and metals. No more compromising with “general purpose” sensors.
- Wide temperature measurement range to cover everything from frozen food to molten metals.
- Industry standard outputs including mA, Voltage and Thermocouple.
- Optional interfaces to provide easy integration with your application including Profibus, Ethernet, USB and RS485.
- Version available for use in potentially hazardous areas.
High Performance Series
- Unique dual laser aiming system ensures the perfect aim every time. Shows the user both location and size of measuring spot on the object.
- Wide range of accessories to make integration with your process as simple as possible.
- Optional interfaces provide easy integration with existing control systems.
- Special version for specific applications including flame temperatures, through flame measurement, glass and metals.
Hand Held Infrared
- Low cost versions for general purpose applications.
- High optical resolution versions for application that demand higher accuracy and control.
- Designs for use on high temperature applications, including molten metals. Ideal for use when wearing gloves.
- Innovative laser aiming and where necessary aiming scopes ensure the greatest measurement accuracy.