Infrared Temperature Sensor and Optical Pyrometer – Process Parameters is the official UK distributor for Optris.
There are many applications where Non-Contact infrared pyrometer have advantages over contact probes such as thermocouples. Some of these advantages are:
- Excellent choice for surface temperature measurement over contact probes such as in applications where the measurement of thin film plastics, paper or high temperature glass or metals is almost impossible using traditional means.
- Very fast response time ideal for use in applications with high speed temperature changes or where objects are moving quickly such as in induction heating systems, welding applications or packaging lines.
- The ability to measure product temperature in applications where traditionally only air temperature has been measured. Save energy by gaining greater control of product temperature and ensure quality standards are met.
- By measuring remotely, the sensor does not influence the measurement as is possible with contact methods such as in thin materials or moving items such as rotating drums.
- Very wide temperature measurement range from -50°C to over 2200°C.
- Remote measuring allows the measurements to be taken from a safe distance ensuring long sensor life using the infrared temperature pyrometers.