Optris PI Thermal Imaging Cameras
From Process Parameters Ltd – UK and Ireland Distributor
The Optris PI series of Infrared Thermal Imaging Cameras are designed to bring the benefits of this developing technology to a wider range of applications. By utilising thermal imaging in your application, it is possible to learn more about your process in a shorter time than ever before. Improve the quality of a manufactured product; reduce cycle times of machines or reduce your energy usage. The compact, robust design makes the cameras just as suitable for continuous process measurement and quality control as they are for R&D applications.
Why choose Optris Thermal Imaging Cameras?
- All Optris IR thermal imaging cameras have the same innovative design at their core. The main focus is on miniature ruggedised cameras suitable for use in industrial production and R&D environments where other cameras would not be suitable.
- All of our cameras are housed in an IP67 aluminium body which is designed to be as small as possible. Our largest camera measures just 56 x 46 x 90mm including the lens and weighs 320g.
- The complete range is also intended to be easy to use with Plug-and-Play USB functionality. With fully featured license free software included with every camera you can be up and running extremely quickly.
- Every thermal camera in the range is fully radiometric as standard, temperature is measured at every pixel on every frame. What’s more, this radiometric data is stored with your still images or video recordings, available for recall at any time in the future. With the capability of playing back videos at reduced speed, you can now see every detail of your process like never before.
- The temperature range is not limited either. All Optris thermal imagers will measure between -20 and 900°C out of the box. For special applications our PI450 G7 and PI640 G7 cameras for glass processes will measure up to 1500°C as standard and our PI 1M and 05M cameras for high temperature metals will measure up to 2000°C as standard. No expensive options required!
- To operate in the most demanding of applications, our cameras are supported by a full range of accessories which allow operation in places you really would not expect. Ambient temperatures of up to 315°C are not an issue. Dusty environments are handled with ease. Outdoor conditions are dealt with too. The Optris PI camera can even work in high pressure environments such as composite material autoclaves. Networking of the thermal cameras is possible through Ethernet conversion.
Each of the cameras in the range possesses different features and we are sure to have a thermal imaging camera to fit your requirements.
- The PI160 is a High speed camera operating at 120 frames per second.
- Bispectral PI200 with both Thermal and Visual cameras in one unit
- The highly sensitive PI450 thermal imager has a thermal sensitivity of just 40mK.
- For very high resolution, opt for the PI640 with full VGA resolution.
- Lightweight versions for mounting on UAV/RPAS aircraft for performing thermal surveys of buildings, solar farms and agriculture amongst many other applications.
- For specific surfaces the PI450 G7 (high resolution) and PI640 G7 (VGA resolution) have been designed especially for glass applications.
- Short wavelength PI 1M and PI 05M are designed for use on High Temperature Metals.
What software is available?
All of the PI infrared cameras offer fully radiometric video recording and snapshot functions through our free comprehensive software package PI Connect. The software will run on any Windows PC including XP, Vista, 7 and 8 and is provided completely free of charge with your camera. Future updates are also provided for free. PI Connect is leading the way in terms of thermal analysis software and is fully configurable for your application to provide you with the data you need when you need it.
An introduction to the features and benefits of Optris PI Connect from Process Parameters Ltd on Vimeo.
Are there leasing options?
Yes a leasing scheme is now available for the full range of Optris thermal imaging cameras. To avoid an upfront capital outlay just spread the cost with monthly or quarterly payments over two or three years.
For more information on each of the cameras, PI Connect software and the various accessories that are available please follow the links below.
Optris PI160 High Speed Thermal Imager
|The PI160 infrared camera may be our entry level camera but it is packed with features not found on more expensive cameras. It has a resolution of 160×120 pixels and an extremely high recording rate of 120 frames per second. Being small, robust and great value for money, it is ideal for use in continuous condition monitoring processes or high speed R&D applications.
Optris PI200 / PI230 Bi-Spectral Imager
|The Bi-Spectral PI200 allows you to overlay infrared images onto visual images. This is particularly useful for locating hot spots on complex equipment such as highly populated PCB boards where identification of problem components is difficult on a pure infrared image. The camera will also record synchronised thermal video and visible video at frame rates of up to 128 frames per second.
Optris PI450 / PI400 Thermal Imagers
|The PI400 & PI450 high resolution thermal imagers are our most popular cameras and have a 382 x 288 resolution whilst still recording at a high 80 frames per second. The PI450 has the highest temperature sensitivity in our range of 40mK and is ideal for research projects where the smallest temperature difference is important.
Optris PI640 VGA Thermal Imaging Camera
|The PI640 is the smallest radiometric VGA infrared camera in the world. With 640 x 480 pixels and radiometric video recording at 32Hz, the Optris PI640 brings you thermography in VGA resolution in a rugged design suitable for all industrial applications.
Optris Thermal Imagers for Glass Applications
|The PI450 G7 infrared camera with line scanner function has been designed specifically for the glass industry. With a spectral range of 7.9µm and 382 x 288 pixels, it can withstand ambient temperatures of up to 70°C without additional cooling.
|The NEW PI640 G7 VGA infrared camera with line scanner function has been designed specifically for the glass industry. With a spectral range of 7.9µm and 640 x 480 pixels, it can record up to 125 frames a second.
Optris PI 1M & PI 05M Thermal Imaging Camera for High Temperature Metals
|The Optris PI 1M short wavelength and ultra compact thermal imaging camera has been specifically designed for non-contact temperature measurement of high temperature metallic surfaces, graphite or ceramics. The camera measures temperatures of up to 1800°C as standard and can record at frames rates of up to 1kHz.
|The PI 05M IR camera with an enhanced capacity of measuring even shorter wavelength (0.5μm) at a spectral range of 500-540nm. The PI 05M is ideal for temperature measurements of molten metals and metallic surfaces ranging from 900°C-2000°C. A high frame rate of 1KHz, decreased measurement errors as well as high optical resolution makes PI 05M highly suitable for almost every application and/or industry all at a remarkably low price.
Optris PI LightWeight Thermal Imager for UAV’s
|The PI400, PI450 and PI640 Lightweight infrared cameras combine a re-engineered version of the high resolution PI400, PI450 and PI640 cameras along with an ultra lightweight miniaturised Windows PC providing a complete thermal imaging package for use in small UAV and Drone applications. Full radiometric video recording out of the box!
Optris Xi 80
|The Optris Xi 80 impressively combines the benefits of thermal imaging cameras and infrared thermometers.
An 80 x 80 thermal image eliminates the search for the hot spot and tedious positioning required with single spot temperature sensors. The integrated spot finder function identifies the hottest (or coldest) spot in the image and automatically communicates these measurements without an external PC.The Xi 80 covers the temperature range -20 °C to 900 °C and records at a rate of 50 frames per second. The choice of optics includes the new 80° lens for wide target areas. There is also a handy motorised focus.
Optris Xi 400
|The Optris Xi 400 Thermal Imaging Camera combines the benefits of a robust, compact pyrometer and an advanced Infrared Camera for the first time giving you more information and control about your process than any other temperature sensor. The Xi 400 has a video recording frame of 80 Hz which allows for the monitoring and control of high speed thermal processes. It even includes a line-scanning function for continuous processes such as paper, films or carpets. This 382 x 288 pixels combined IR sensor and camera is so compact it can easily fit into the palm of your hand, and comes with a mounting nut and bracket. The X i400 is also supplied with the new free Optris PIX Connect software, which has the same features as the former PI Connect, along with some new which make integration with your system extremely simple.The Xi 400 covers the temperature range -20 °C to 900 °C.
Optris PI Connect Thermal Analysis Software
|Optris PI Connect software is supplied for free with each Optris PI thermal imaging camera, so you can gather temperature data from your process in real time or with recorded data. The thermal imager has to be connected to a PC via a USB connection for both powering the camera and transferring data to the PC. A stand alone alternative can be achieved by connection to the Optris PI NetBox minitiarised computer.
|The newly developed Microscope lenses for use with the Optris PI450 and PI640 thermal imaging cameras, are especially designed for thermal inspection of electronic boards and analysis of small chip level components down to 28 μm. The distance between the measurement object and the camera can vary between 80 and 100 mm.
|Optris infrared thermal imaging cameras are supplied as either a standard package or a thermal analysis kit, depending on your requirements. Each package contains everything you need to get started. No additional extras are necessary and many customers work very well with just the standard package which contains one lens, cables, mini tripod, aluminium carry case, PI Connect software and manual. The Thermal Analysis Package adds additional lenses, larger tripod along with additional USB cables for greater flexibility.
|The Optris PI NetBox Miniaturised PC provides a standalone solution and can also act as a USB to Ethernet adapter. If space is tight, or you don’t have room to connect to a PC, you can instead connect an Optris PI camera to an Optris PI NetBox.
|The Industrial Process Interface (PIF) permits automatic process monitoring, providing continuous in-operation control of the Optris PI infrared camera hardware with all cable connections, and the free Optris PI Connect software. The PIF allows fail-safe monitoring of all the Optris PI range of cameras, except the PI200/PI230, with a connected PLC.
|The USB Server Gigabit provides long distance control of infrared cameras. Acting as a USB to Ethernet adapter, it bridges distances greater than 20 meters between the PC and the Optris PI thermal imaging camera as well as Optris CTvideo / CSvideo pyrometers.
|The Outdoor Protective Housing provides universal protection for Optris PI infrared cameras when used outside. The system comes with an integrated air purge collar and temperature adjustment allowing for 24/7 use. A USB Server Gigabit can also be housed for integration into control systems over large outdoor distances.
|Without additional protection, each of our thermal imaging cameras is suitable for use up to 50°C ambient temperature. For applications where this may be exceeded we offer a cooling jacket which allows use up to 240°C when water cooled (100°C with air). We can also supply other environmental protection equipment and high temperature USB cables.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a quotation, a demonstration or for leasing option details.