PR Electronics Temperature Transmitter Linear Resistance, RTD, Thermocouple
- Linearised temperature measurement with Pt100, Pt1000, Ni100, Ni1000 or all types of Thermocouple sensor.
- Difference or average temperature measurement of 2 resistance or thermocouple sensors.
- Conversion of linear resistance variation to a standard analogue current signal, for instance from valves or Ohmic level sensors.
- Amplification of a bipolar mV signal to a standard 4…20 mA current signal.
- Connection of up to 15 transmitters to a digital 2-wire signal with HART communication.
- Within a few seconds the user can program PR5335A to measure temperatures within all ranges defined by the norms.
- The RTD and resistance inputs have cable compensation for 2, 3 and 4 wire connection.
- The 5335A has been designed according to strict safety requirements and is therefore suitable for application in SIL installations.
- Continuous check of vital stored data for safety reasons.
- Sensor error detection according to the guidelines in NAMUR NE89.
Mounting / installation
- For DIN form B sensor head or DIN rail mounting with the PR fitting type 8421.
Need help selecting a temperature transmitter or thermocouple transmitter for your application? Contact us now. We can also manufacture temperature sensors to order to your exact specification.
We also offer a comprehensive calibration service and a wide choice of accessories.
PR Electronics is a renowned company based in Denmark that specialises in developing and manufacturing reliable process control solutions. With a strong presence in the industrial automation sector, PR Electronics has gained a reputation for delivering high-quality products and innovative solutions.
The company offers a wide range of products, including signal conditioners, temperature transmitters, and communication interfaces. These devices are designed to enhance the performance and accuracy of process control systems in various industries, such as oil and gas, chemical, power generation, and water treatment.
What is HART?
HART stands for Highway Addressable Remote Transducer. It is a communication protocol used in process automation and industrial instrumentation. HART allows digital communication between smart field devices (e.g., sensors, transmitters) and control systems, while also providing compatibility with traditional analogue systems. It enables bidirectional communication, allowing device configuration, diagnostics, and data retrieval over the same analogue wiring used for standard 4-20mA signals. This flexibility makes HART a widely used and valuable communication standard in industrial settings.